Brussels, the Fashionable Districts
Brussels is a surprising city!
Warm and inviting, tourists love it as much the people who live here. It has always been and will always be a multicultural city, a welcoming meeting place for original, talented creatives admired by their peers, who find this lively and surreal capital a wonderful place to live and work.
Before falling under its spell, many of them initially chose to come to Brussels for its internationally renowned art schools, such as the exceptional La Cambre, or, for design, Saint-Luc, the Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts, the CAD or the Hoge School Sint-Lukas.
© Jewellery store Saint-Hubert Galleries- W. Coppens
Clothes, homewares, furniture and fashion accessories designed in Brussels sell like hot cakes in the finest boutiques in the world, to some of the most demanding customers. Our designers know how to combine practicality with an innovative look, a good dose of humour and superb quality. In all its different styles, fashion and design in Brussels have a brilliant future ahead.
Here are a few suggested routes for discovering fashion and design in Brussels, in all its glory, while visiting some of its most charming districts.
See also our
- Avenue Louise - Boulevard de Waterloo: Glamour & Elegance in Brussels (SAINT-GILLES)
- EU District - Cinquantenaire "EU Parliament: From Past to Future is Just One Small Step!" (ETTERBEEK)
- Rue de Namur, Matonge, Saint Boniface, Flagey - Royal, Exotic & Trendy (IXELLES)
- Rue du Bailli - Place du Châtelain - Place Brugmann "Original and Precious" (IXELLES)
- Sablon - Marolles District "Design and Traditions" (BRUXELLES)
- Saint-Jacques "Hype and Gay" (BRUXELLES)
- THE GALERIES ROYALES SAINT-HUBERT "GRANDEUR AND LUXURY IN THE CITY CENTRE" (BRUXELLES)
- THE RUE ANTOINE DANSAERT - PLACE SAINT-GÉRY DISTRICT "THE DESIGNERS' HAUNT" (BRUXELLES)
Text by: Olivier Gilson, Coordinateur
Designed in Brussels
Veronique Heene, Coordinatrice