Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves in Wallonia
- Calendar Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves
- Protected Areas: Nature Parks, Nature Reserves....
- Let's go for a walk in the woods ...
- Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves Wals
- Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée
- RAVEL - Réseau Autonome des Voies Lentes
- La Maison de la Randonnée
Download our brochures for free:
Medicinal Plants and Vegetable Gardens
From the Antiquity to the Gallo-Roman epoch, horticulture was practised in our regions. At the end of the 8th century, this tradition was carried on thanks to emperor Charlemagne who made a list of vegetables, fruits, medicinal plants and flowers that had to be grown in the Empire’s gardens. He also defined three distinct places that every garden had to have: the Hortus or vegetable garden, to feed the population; the Herbularius or medicinal plants garden, for the production of remedies; and the orchard with fruit and flowers to decorate religious places.
Walloon Brabant :
- CASTLE KITCHEN GARDEN (ECAUSSINNES-LALAING)
- HOUSE FOR MEDICINAL PLANTS (FLOBECQ)
- JARDINS DE LA GRANGE (GARDENS FROM THE BARN) (ELLEZELLES)
- MEDIEVAL GARDEN OF LA POSTERIE (COURCELLES)
- PILOT NATURE GARDEN (GERPINNES)
- HERBA SANA - THE GARDEN OF HEALTH (ELSENBORN)
- MEDICINAL HERB GARDEN (VILLERS-DEVANT-ORVAL)