Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves in Wallonia
- Calendar Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves
- Protected Areas: Nature Parks, Nature Reserves....
- Let's go for a walk in the woods ...
- Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves Wals
- Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée
- RAVEL - Réseau Autonome des Voies Lentes
- La Maison de la Randonnée
Download our brochures for free:
Parks and Gardens
During the age of the Enlightenment the French formal garden reaches its peak. These gardens are open spaces characterized by the symmetry of straight lines. This expresses man’s desire to dominate nature. This intention is represented by the size and strict alignment of the trees and bushes, as well as the geometrical design of the flowerbeds. Contrary to this artificial symmetry, picturesque English gardens arise around 1730 in Great Britain. Wide lawns with groups of trees here and there create vast landscapes. The use of bends and round forms contrast with the straight lines of the French garden.
French or English Castle Parks ...
- PARK TOURNAY-SOLVAY (WATERMAEL-BOITSFORT)
Walloon Brabant :
- Château de La Hulpe on the Solvay estate (LA HULPE)
- Estate of the Seneffe Castle - Silver Museum (SENEFFE)
- FOSTEAU CHATEAU GARDENS (LEERS-ET-FOSTEAU)
- LOUVIGNIES CASTLE (CHAUSSEE-NOTRE-DAME-LOUVIGNIE)
- MARIEMONT PARK (MORLANWELZ-MARIEMONT)
- PARK OF ATTRE CASTLE (ATTRE)
- PARK OF THE ENGHIEN CASTLE "THÉÂTRE DE VERDURE" (ENGHIEN)
- RUINS OF THE PALACE OF MARY OF HUNGARY (BINCHE)
- The Belœil Castle and its Park - The Belgian Versailles (BELOEIL)
- CASTLE OF ROSSIGNOL PARK (TINTIGNY)
One Garden is not the other.... Open Gardens of Belgium