Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves in Wallonia
- Calendar Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves
- Protected Areas: Nature Parks, Nature Reserves....
- Let's go for a walk in the woods ...
- Forests, Parks and Nature Reserves Wals
- Les Sentiers de Grande Randonnée
- RAVEL - Réseau Autonome des Voies Lentes
- La Maison de la Randonnée
Download our brochures for free:
Space, Quietness and Activities
The use of the Indian route from the 16th century brought rare and exotic plants to the European lords’ vast gardens. The Napoleonic Empire and particularly empress Joséphine de Beauharnais introduced a prosperous period for our horticulture and our estates. During the industrial age, powerful lords bought numerous castles and converted the parks into English parks and decorated them with exotic species. Numerous Walloon estates are their proud heirs.
Walloon Brabant :
- Hottemme Domain (HEYD)
- Provincial Estate of Mirwart (MIRWART)
- VILLERS-SAINTE-GERTRUDE ESTATE (VILLERS-SAINTE-GERTRUDE)
- LOCAL PARK OF CASTEL SAINT-PIERRE (BEAURAING)
- NEM - NATURE EXTRAORDINARY MUSEUM - INTERPRETATION CENTRE OF CHEVEGOGNE (CHEVETOGNE)
- RONCHINNE ESTATE (MAILLEN)
- VALÉRY-COUSIN DE CHEVETOGNE PROVINCIAL ESTATE (CHEVETOGNE)