Folklore and Tradition - Carnival of Amay
Experience an intense folkloric Carnival thanks to the efforts of the dynamic inhabitants and organising committee. In Amay from 02 to 08/03/14.
Saturday is dedicated to collecting wood for the bonfire. The following Friday the keys of the city are handed over for the official opening of the events.
Sunday afternoon over 1000 people take part in the large carnival parade, thanks to numerous local groups and music associations.
Monday and Mardi Gras (Shrove Tuesday) are reserved for balls and children's entertainment, not forgetting the traditional bartenders race through town.
The following Saturday, the "macrale" (witch) trial takes place on the site of the Roman Tower, followed by a remarkable fireworks display.
The following Saturday, the Macralle parade, puncuated by a fireworks display, will take place at the Tour Romane. Schedule of this 39th edition:
- Saturday 22/02/14: meeting at the town gymnasium to collect wood for the bonfire.
- Friday 28/02/14: the keys of the city are handed over to the 2013 Carna'Ama President at the council administration buildings. Parade followed by a dinner at the town gymnasium (0496 80 10 43).
- Sunday 02/03/14: large Carnival parade in the streets. Access is free.
- Monday 03/03/14: children's costume ball at the town gymnasium.
- Mardi Gras (Shrove Tuesday) 04/03/14: bartenders race.
- Saturday 08/03/14: capture and arrest of the "macrale" (witch), bonfire and fireworks display at the Tour Romane.
Don't hesitat to join the Carnaval d'Amay community on Facebook!
Tourist information on the town AMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Il était une fois 1914 - An alliance of exhibition and comics in Stavelot!
- Liège in turmoil - Exhibition at the Museum of Walloon Life
- International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps