Festival : Classical Music
Ars in Cathedrali - Organ festival in Brussels
Take part in an unmissable classical music event: an organ festival for the public in a prestigious venue. In Brussels from 08/07 to 26/08/14!
In fact, the venue in which Ars in Cathedrali is taking place is like no other: the Cathedral of Saints Michael and Gudule, a unique and historical monument, bursting with history.
Whatsmore, this cathedral is the only one in Belgium to possess...THREE organs! The reason behind why organ music finds a central place there...and why the most famous organists from Belgium and from all over the world come to perform there.
Each summer, the cathedral comes alive with high calibre concerts.
And 2014 will make no exception, with this 3rd edition centred on 3 themes:
- Anniversaries of Rameau (250 years) and Carl-Emanuel Bach (300 years),
- Johann Sebastian Bach, an unmissable reference,
- International soloists.
And, as of 3 years ago, a special concert has been created just for families and children called "Orgue et Mime", which will take place on Sunday 24 August.
On the 2014 menu:
- 08/07: Opening concert - Rameau, joy and organ
- 15/07: Widor and Germany
- 22/07: English romantic treasures
- 29/07: Organ spectacular
- 05/08: Bach Well-Tempered
- 12/08: Russian soul
- 19/08: Bach allegro
- 24/08: Organ in the circus
- 26/08: 300 year anniversary of Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach.
Concerts take place every Tuesday at 8pm, except on Sunday 24/08, where a children's concert will take place at 4pm.
€12 for adults and €8 for under 25s and over 65s.
EXCEPT on 08/07 and 26/08: €12 for adults and €15 for under 25s and over 65s.
Reservations can be made in the cathedral shop or online.
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 217 83 45
- website : http://www.cathedralisbruxellensis.be
- Cathedral of Saints Michael & Gudule in Brussels (BRUXELLES)
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Tour & Taxis E-Experience
- Sundays with the Family at the BELvue
- Biennial Art Nouveau Exhibition: See & Tell Brussels
- International Brussels Tattoo Convention
- The paleoLAB at the Museum of natural Sciences
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.