Event : Society
European Day of JEwish Culture 2014 - The Woman
Multiple activities centred on art, walks etc. are proposed for the European Day of the Jewish Culture at the Jewish Museum of Belgium on 14/09/14.
Discover lots of different features of art through various periods and different Jewish communities.
The European Day of the Jewish Culture has been celebrated in the majority of European countries over the last 10 years and aims to promote the Jewish cultural heritage and as such to combat the clichés and stereotypes is displaying transparency and conviviality.
The 2014 theme is "The Woman".
The event features:
- Guided tours, including "Bruxelles la juive" (a walk) and the Jewish cemetery in Dieweg,
- "La Robe est ailleurs" (The Dress is elsewhere) exhibition and a Jewish book fair, taking place all day.
During this 15th edition European Day of the Jewish Culture, you can also embark on a discovery of Jewish sites, such as:
- Synagogues and cemeteries,
- Museums and old Jewish quarters etc.
In short, the sites that would usually be closed to the public are being opened for the occasion.
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 512 19 63
- website : http://www.new.mjb-jmb.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=601876&Itemid=71
Visit our partners' webpages
- Constant Meunier: a Retrospective Exhibition
- Culinaria - Event dedicated to Belgian cuisine & its starred chefs
- The Brussels Vintage Market
- 100 years in the Balkans, Comic books in resistance
- Brussels Antiques Fair - BRAFA 14
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.