Les Journées des églises ouvertes - Open Churches Days
These open days enable the public to visit venues loaded with history from a different point of view. In Brussels, on 31/05 and 01/06/14.
This is a cultural and festive event, as, depending on the venue, there will be:
- A concert,
- a guided tour,
- a route,
- exhibitions, ...
In short, everything that showcases our religious heritage.
The theme for this year will be: 1914-1918 remembrance.
Was your church built after the First World War? What was the role of the parish and parishioners during the Great War?
Explore the visible marks of the war in the village and its surroundings...
A village where the people still have stories of a local hero!
All the members of the Fondation Eglises Ouvertes (Open Churches Foundation) will open their doors, as well as many non-member churches who have chosen to take part in the festival.
The event is also taking place in Wallonia.
Visit our partners' webpages
- The paleoLAB at the Museum of natural Sciences
- Around the World in 80 Letters at the Museum of Letters and Manuscripts
- AAF - Affordable Art Fair in Brussels
- The Lion Mound Hamlet - 1815 Historical Re-enactments
- Truc-Troc Art Exhibition in Brussels