Festival : Music
Châtelet Organ Festival
Extremely talented artists will perform in 3 new concerts at the Église Saints Pierre et Paul! In Châtelet from 12/09 to 17/10/14!
The aim of these concerts is to promote the music of this magical and slightly mysterious instrument reigning supreme in the shadows of our churches.
The Châtelet Organ Festival celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2013!
We haven't forgotten those magnificent symphonic organ recitals where internationally renowned performers have played since 1983...
Today, the organ is not only the fruit of a prestigious past, but it also remains current today: these magnificent instruments are built and restored throughout the world.
As with every Festival, the organists will play works from the large repertoire as well as improvisations!
NB: For this new edition, the third recital will take place two weeks after the second!
On this year's programme:
- 12 September at 8.15pm: Didier Hennuyer (Boulogne sur Mer)
- 3 October at 8.15pm: Thierry Smets (appointed organ player)
- 17 October at 8.15pm: François-Xavier Grandjean (Namur)
A magical moment not be to missed.
Practical informationAccess by road: E42 exit Châtelet or R3 exit Châtelet. Access by rail: Châtelet Châtelineau station.
- tel. : +32 (0) 81 61 45 53
- website : http://www.festival-orgue-chatelet.be/
Tourist information on the town CHATELET
Visit our partners' webpages
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Halloween at Naturaparc
- Beloeil Christmas market 2014
- The Hainaut's Waterways Celebrate Halloween - Cruises
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.