Sabbat des Macrales - The Witches' Sabbath in Haccourt
One of the most authentic events of Ardennes folklore. The macrales are witches and spell casters! In Haccourt on 01/02/14!
"They have long pointed noses that go down to their chins, toothless mouths, dirty, untidy hair and a ferocious glare."
Follow the witches along the sinous paths and watch, from afar, as their torches slowly approach their meeting point!
They gather around an enormous cauldron and tell stories of how they have enraged the local population throughout the year.
Witness the enthronement of celebrities and parades in witches' costume.
The macrales' sabbath takes place every year on the Saturday closest to the Candlemas festival in Haccourt.
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 379 43 67
Tourist information on the town OUPEYE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Christmas in a Museum! Magical moments for families in Liège
- Christmas all over the world at the Modave Castle
- Liège in turmoil - Exhibition at the Museum of Walloon Life
- The magic of Christmas in Stavelot - Market, flea market, lights & puppets
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps