Event : Gastronomy
Gourmet Middle Ages Weekend in Hermalle-sous-Huy
Medieval weekend (the theme changes yearly) about the regional heritage and linked activities. In Hermalle-sous-Huy on 12 and 13/07/14!
As well as the modern classics, the museum tavern presents a series of ancient delicacies at very reasonable prices: Hypocras, Apple soup, Ténoise sauce mushrooms, Saulge sausage, lemon or honey pancakes, Lombard eggs. All these recipes have been selected from cookery books in the Gourmet Library.
Next to Hermalle Castle with its 12th century towers, the farm that once pertained to the castle still bears the signs of mediaeval architecture: vaulted halls with intersecting ribs that Paris Match has dubbed "the chapter houses".
You can see them in the farm, slaughter houses and the gatehouse... which are still working!
The visit on these two days includes a free explanation at 2:30pm on the architectural evolution of the farm-castle site.
Lovers of history and knowledge: don't miss this destination!
Tourist information on the town ENGIS
- CHATEAU FARM OF HERMALLE-SOUS-HUY (HERMALLE-SOUS-HUY)
Visit our partners' webpages
- Christmas in a Museum! Magical moments for families in Liège
- The magic of Christmas in Stavelot - Market, flea market, lights & puppets
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps
- Christmas all over the world at the Modave Castle
- International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.