Folklore And Tradition : Festivities And Folkloric Traditions
15 August Festival in Outremeuse
This festival is one of the liveliest and most vibrant in the Liège region. A major event in the ardent city, on 15/08/14!
- Flea markets,
- Puppet shows,
- Traditional dances,
- Outdoor mass with the sermon in the Walloon dialect,
- "Campes" firing (large crackers arranged in rosaries),
- Procession (with the giants from the Liège Province),
- Popular games (greasy pole...),
- Concerts and a variety of other activities.
A large number of customs are displayed: culinary traditions (with food and drink such as pèkèt and boukètes) as well as traditions and popular games.
But that is not all. The end of the festivities on 16 August is highlighted by the "Burial of the Mati l'Ohé".
A ludicrous funeral escorted by fanfares and tearful widows...
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 342 75 75
- website : http://www.15aoutliege.be
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps
- International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.