Pays de Danses - Land of Dances - Biennial Euregio Festival in Liège
For three weeks and over 20 shows, experience dance as it is today, in all its diversity. In Liège from 24/01 to 14/02/14.
You will discover productions for the general public as well as very specific creations, of an international level, from the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
Pays de Danses is the only truly Euregional event in the domain of performance arts: it gathers, every two years, people from Flemish and Dutch Limburg, the German-speaking community and the Province of Liège.
the festival is also the only dance event to unite all three of Belgium's language communities (German-speaking, French-speaking and Flemish-speaking).
For this 5th edition, Pays de Danses invites you to embark on a voyage of discovery!
Discover Florentine choreographer Virgilio Sieni who will be presenting 4 of his shows, taking you on a voyage into the heart of an exceptional choreographic work.
Another discovery will be that of South Korea along with several of its choreographers and dancers including Eun-Me Ahn, THE queen of South Korean contemporary dance who will round off the festival.
Alongside those two main focuses, the big names of European contemporary dance (Emio Greco, Pastora Galván, José Montalvo, Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker) will mingle with lesser-known and promising foreign choreographers such as Portugese Victor Hugo Pontes or French dancer/choreographer Claude Bardouil.
Pays de Denses aims to be a unique platform for choreographers (of all genres and styles) of the Wallonia-Brussels Federation.
Finally, please note that among the choice of shows, four are specially conceived for children and a series of activities have been scheduled such as:
- A flashmob and a workshop
- An exhibition of works by Korean artist Xooang Choi
- Encounters/debates about contemporary Korean choreographic creation.
So don't hesitate any longer and have a look at the programme!
Don't hesitate to join the Pays de Danses community on Facebook!
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 342 00 00
- website : http://www.theatredeliege.be
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps
- Formula 1 Belgium Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps
- Liège in turmoil - Exhibition at the Museum of Walloon Life
- Il était une fois 1914 - An alliance of exhibition and comics in Stavelot!