Every Sunday during Lent, since 1925, the village of Ligny is blanketed by the mysterious and intense atmosphere of the well-known Jeu de la Passion, (" Passion Play "). One hundred and fifty comedians and assistants - all volunteers - create a wonderful touching live epic depicting the most remarkable scenes in the Passion of Christ and the Gospels, as well as staging scenes which remind us of the problems we face in the modern world of today. This is the oldest Passion Play in Belgium.
Six Sundays preceding Easter 2009: 01/03, 08/03, 15/03, 22/03, 29/03 and 05/04.
- tel. : +32 (0) 71 88 89 51
Tourist information on the town SOMBREFFE
Visit our partners' webpages
- Special "Halloween" Train... The Horror Train!
- "Facing Time Rops-Fabre" exhibition in Namur
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Food-lovers' walk in the Han-sur-Lesse Wildlife Reserve