Saint-Martin Bonfires in Malmedy
Traditionally, three districts compete to have the biggest bonfires the eve of the Saint-Martin festivities. In Malmedy every year, on 10 November!
On the evening of the 10 November, the eve of Saint-Martin's Day, the villages and neighbourhoods of the municipality of Malmedy organise bonfires in honour of the much-loved saint. The bonfires are built by groups of volunteers.
Before the festivities, the different neighbourhood's committees build up their bonfires, on top of which sits an effigy, almost 10 metres up.
From 6pm, enjoy folk music and torch-lit processions to the 3 bonfires.
- tel. : +32 (0) 80 79 96 35
- website : http://www.malmedy.be/fr/Tourisme/tourisme.html
Tourist information on the town MALMEDY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Prussian Wallonia under the orders of the Kaiser in Malmedy
- Christmas in a Museum! Magical moments for families in Liège
- Liège in turmoil - Exhibition at the Museum of Walloon Life
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps
- The magic of Christmas in Stavelot - Market, flea market, lights & puppets