Contest/Competition : Folklore
Soapbox Racing in Malmedy
Around 50 teams will hurtle down a hill at lightning speed surrounded by hundreds of spectators in Pont on 17/08/14!
This is not a laughing matter... in fact, it's quite the opposite: it's the 8th round of the TPP championship.
The soapbox race has its rules, competitions and champions.
The vehicles are far from ramshackle: they have bodies in resin, suspensions, hydraulic disc brakes capable of stopping a box moving at 70 km/h in just 15m.
In 2011, the route was modified and is now the most technically complete in Belgium.
Useful informationFree entry!
Directions Pont village is located between Ligneuville and Recht. Follow signs at exits 12 and 13 of motorway E42 and from Ligneuville.
Pont, it's a soapbox bonanza!
- tel. : +32 (0) 497 19 70 50
- website : http://www.infotpp.be/Pont.html
Tourist information on the town MALMEDY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Liège in turmoil - Exhibition at the Museum of Walloon Life
- Christmas in a Museum! Magical moments for families in Liège
- World Touring Car Championship in Spa-Francorchamps
- Christmas all over the world at the Modave Castle
- International contemporary engraving biennial & festival
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.