Folknam: Namur Day of Traditions and Folklore
Discover the richness and diversity of a traditional folkloric heritage that's full of colour. In Namur on 18 and 19/04/14!
For the occasion, a superb traditional folkloric parade, made up of all the town's groups and carnival societies accompanied by prestigious guests, will take over the streets of Namur.
- Traditional folk music and folk dancing,
- A medieval battle on place d'Armes,
- Artisan market and gastronomic brotherhoods,
- Commandery of the Coteaux de Meuse (Wépion),
- The Brotherhood of Pèket d'Namur and its snails (Namur),
- The Brotherhood of the Cavalier of the Tart and the Pompe (Belgrade)
- and the Brotherhood of the Soçons de Try des Gotes (Emines).
- 10am: market with regional specialities and stands run by the gastronomic brotherhoods.
- 10:30am - 4:15pm: folkloric entertainment on the place d'Armes.
- 3pm: large historical parade.
- 4:15pm - 4:30pm: final rondeau on the place d'Armes.
- tel. : +32 (0) 81 44 18 25
- fax : +32 (0) 81 73 56 08
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Food-lovers' walk in the Han-sur-Lesse Wildlife Reserve