SAINT GERTRUDE PROCESSION
This procession, dating back to 1276, is partly religious, partly secular, and carries an exceptional reliquary. Nowadays, people accompany the reliquary on a splendid 14 km journey tracing the steps of the abbesses and the canons. Traditional psalms are said and ancient local hymns are sung during the procession. These days, the procession wants to show the inhabitants of Nivelles how the procession used to look like (15th and 16th century) and which groups were part of the Nivelles society. The giants of Nivelles then open the traditional part of the parade.
- tel. : +32 (0) 67 88 22 80
- fax : +32 (0) 67 21 57 13
- tel. : +32 (0) 67 84 08 64
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town NIVELLES
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Brussels Design Market: The Design Market!
- Biennial Art Nouveau Exhibition: See & Tell Brussels
- The Tour & Taxis E-Experience
- Historical Expo: 14-18, it's our History!
- Sundays with the Family at the BELvue