Children's carnival - Folklore and traditions in Ophain
This carnival started 31 years ago with 5 agricultural tractors pulling floats decorated in flowers and garlands. Discover it in Ophain on 08/03/14.
In those days, the floats carried children in costume, with masks, face paint and accompanied by giants and a Citroën 2CV.
With the help of the locals, the carnival has evolved significantly and 2014 will be its 32nd edition!
Groups in costume and ready to celebrate await you, as do:
- The Scandaleux and the Smurfs,
- The Bolozakiens, the Gascard and the Clodos,
- The Saint Zèle and the Char des Mayné...
Unique element of this carnival: a little train will follow the parade, for anybody who wants to take a break.
But only a short break of course, because the party continues in a friendly and good-natured atmosphere!
The traditional burning of the humps, much loved by young and old, rounds off activities at 7pm. The burning of the Bonhomme Hiver (Winter Man) on the bonfire will be taking place as the sun sets, which will add to the drama.
Discover this traditional carnival!
On the programme:
- From 12noon: Free face painting at the town's community hall on rue des Combattants
- From 12noon to 10pm: fairground attractions on Place d'Ophain
- 2pm: Parade gathers on rue du Gazon
- 2:30pm: Parade sets off from, the crossing between Rue du Gazon and Rue de Dinant,
- 3pm: Rondeau dance on the main square,
- 3:15pm: Parade!
- 4:30pm: Stop on rue A. Bourgeys for free waffles hot chocolate. Drinks stands, entertainment and releasing of balloons,
- 6:30pm: Parade returns to the square,
- 7pm: Burning of the humps on Rue de l'église,
- From 8pm: dance at the community hall, with music by New Sensation Sonorisation!
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 384 55 00
- email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourist information on the town BRAINE-L'ALLEUD
Visit our partners' webpages
- Exhibition: The Awakening of Consciousness by Gao Xingjian
- The paleoLAB at the Museum of natural Sciences
- The Tour & Taxis E-Experience
- Creative Workshop at the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate
- Andres Serrano - Uncensored photographs in Brussels