Event : Folklore
The Béria Festival! Folklore and traditions in Quevy-le-Petit!
Discover this village which will make you travel through time with the legend of Béria Thiméléon Philibert. In Quévy-Le-Petit on 07/09/14!
Who is this mysterious character? The legend dates back to the 18th century when the famous bandit Moneuse, head of the dreaded "Chauffeurs du Nord", was arrested in the village. Throughout the festival, the pretty village of Quévy-Le-Petit will be transformed into a highly original stage. The friendly bandit and his gang will torment the rich and the lords to the delight of the audience, who are more and more numerous each year.
- Friday at 7pm, dinner under the marquee with musical entertainment.
- Saturday afternoon: children's games, fair stalls, crossage à la planche (a region game resembling a type of urban golf), etc.
- During the evening, bagpipes will lead you through the paths and alleys to mysterious places where you'll discover the schemes and adventures of the bandit and his accomplices.
- In the small hours of Sunday morning, the villagers will be awoken bright and early by the second-hand goods dealers, musical groups and first French empire marchers. Throughout the day, policemen in period costume will lock passing bandits in the jail.
- The "Compagnons de Béria" will feed spectators with Maroilles cheese tarts and water them with Béria beer, specially brewed for the occasion.
- At 3pm, an altercation will see Béria reappear and play his final card.
- And that's not all!
- At 5pm, after some farcical incidents, the bandit will finally be arrested.
- On Monday evening, while he is sentenced, you can listen to different witnesses and discover all of the wrongdoings this evil man is charged with. When the sentence has been passed, torches will be lit and the crowd will head to the pyre erected in the "Cour à Béria" ("Béria courtyard".
- website : http://www.beria-quevy.be
Tourist information on the town QUEVY
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Hainaut's Waterways Celebrate Halloween - Cruises
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Halloween at Naturaparc
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.