Event : Industrial Heritage
Spontin Steam Train Show
Bocq Railway offers you an exceptional collection of steam trains! At the Spontin train station from 15 to 17/08/14!
Featuring 5 steam trains:
- 64.169: 2-3-0, a P8-type Prussian locomotive from 1921, belonging to "Patrimoine Ferroviaire & Tourisme", manager of the Bocq Railway and the Rail Museum in Saint-Ghislain.
- 2069/ 0-3-0, Belgian construction locomotive (Ateliers de Tubize) from "Stoomtrein Dendermonde-Puurs" (Dendermonde-Puurs Steam Train Association).
- 507: 0-3-0, a KDL-7 type Belgian construction locomotive (Energie) from 1946, from the "Train 1990) line between Pétange-Fond and Gras-Rodange, in Luxembourg.
- TKh 5387: 0-3-0T, built in Poland, from the Malgedem Steam Centre (Eeklo-Malgedem line).
Visitors will also get the chance to see Belgium's oldest locomotive, which is still in working order:
Yvonne: 0-2-0T, built by the Saint-Léonard factories in Liège in...1893!!
And, not forgetting the historical diesel locomotives 210.077, 202.020 and 7305 from the Patrimoine Ferroviaire & Tourisme on certain trains.
On the programme
- Large presence of steam trains on the Bocq line between Spontin, Ciney and Purnode.
- Various arrangements of the trains on each journey.
- Double steam train traction and light traction on some trains.
- Manoeuvres and exchanges of locomotives at Spontin and Dorinne-Durnal train stations.
- Steam train exhibition at Spontin train station.
- Opportunity to visit the driver's seat.
- Large collection of miniature trains at the Dorinne-Durnal train station.
- Collection of working steam trains and simulators.
- Welcome area, entertainment, bouncy castle, souvenir shop and a refreshment area.
Spontin train station is open from 9am to 7pm.
Non-stop trips from 9.30am to 6.30pm.
First trains arrive at Spontin at 9.35am and 9.40am and the last return will be at 8.15pm.
Steam train departure from Ciney (SNCB train station) is at 10.35am, 12.05pm, 1.35pm, 3.05pm, 4.35pm and 5.50pm.
Steam train departure from Spontin is at 9.35am, 9.40am, 11.05am, 12.35pm, 12.40pm, 2.05pm, 3.35pm, 3.40 and 5.10pm.
Adults: €12 (flexible all-day ticket: €17)
Children 4-12 years old: €7 (flexible ticket: €9)
Under 4s: free.
Tourist information on the town YVOIR
Visit our partners' webpages
- Namur Legend, classic motorcycles at the Namur Citadel
- Food-lovers' walk in the Han-sur-Lesse Wildlife Reserve
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- Special "Halloween" Train... The Horror Train!
- Special "Père Noël" Train between Mariembourg and Treignes
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.