Folklore And Tradition : Religion
Grand Historical Procession of Our Lady of the Infirm
Be part of the procession created in remembrance of the end of the Plague in 1092. Many activities fill the city of Tournai on 14/09/14!
The pomp of the costumes of the participating groups and the richness of the shrines carried through the streets with great ceremony make this a truly remarkable festival.
This procession carries the main treasures of the Cathedral through the town, escorted by fraternities and groups in ancient costumes in the company of musicians and choirs.
A wonderfully sumptuous show!
The procession takes place on the second Sunday in September.
It sets off from the Cathedral at around 3pm and returns to the cathedral at around 4:45pm.
There are guided tours of the cathedral and its site at 11am and 4pm (in FR, NL and sign language).
- tel. : +32 (0) 69 84 47 09
- fax : +32 (0) 69 21 62 21
Tourist information on the town TOURNAI
Visit our partners' webpages
- UNESCO Discovery Circuits in Mons
- The Hainaut's Waterways Celebrate Halloween - Cruises
- "TabletAlfabet" at the Royal Museum of Mariemont
- Exhibition - "L'Ombilic du rêve" in Mariemont
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.