Take part in a biennial music event dedicated to the memory of one of the most famous composers: Guillaume Lekeu. In Verviers from 04 to 14/09/14!
This quality musical festival which will be celebrating famous vistuosos, will consist of 5 concerts, including a commentated concert.
This theme of the 2014 edition will be centred around film music. The dates are as follows:
- 04/09 at 8pm: Performance from the "Saxacorda" ensemble on the opening night.
- 11/09 at 8pm: Commentated concert "Le Chemin de la musique à programme à la musique de films" (the path of program music to film music).
- 13/09: Gala concert and a symphony concert dedicated to legendary film music.
- The concerts on 14/09 will include music since 1894 until the present day.
Homage will be paid to the heroes of the First World War with a piece of music dedicated to them during each concert.
The concert locations lend themselves to the festival's magic: The Renier Museum is the Verviers Museum of Fine Arts and Ceramics, which is home to one of the richest ceramic collections in Belgium and a beautiful collection of canvases from the most fascinating of impressionists...
The Grand-Théâtre is one of the most rare Italian theatres in Belgium and is a Belgian national heritage site.
The CTLM (Wool and Fashion Tourist Centre) is dedicated to the collective memory of Verviers inhabitants.
The Hotel Verviers, a building of classical style, erected in the 18th century, boasts remarkable architecture and a strategic location. It is lavishly built in the former customs warehouse of the Verviers-west train station.
No concert is scheduled for the 12/09 because the concert on 13/09 will be repeated.
Prices range from €10 to €25 per person.
Bookings can be made at the Wool and Fashion Tourist Centre, rue de la Chapelle, 30, Verviers.
Tourist information on the town VERVIERS
- tel. : +32 (0) 474 37 63 92
- website : http://www.festival-lekeu.be
Visit our partners' webpages
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.