Take part in a biennial music event dedicated to the memory of one of the most famous composers: Guillaume Lekeu. In Verviers from 04 to 14/09/14!
This quality musical festival which will be celebrating famous vistuosos, will consist of 5 concerts, including a commentated concert.
This theme of the 2014 edition will be centred around film music. The dates are as follows:
- 04/09 at 8pm: Performance from the "Saxacorda" ensemble on the opening night.
- 11/09 at 8pm: Commentated concert "Le Chemin de la musique à programme à la musique de films" (the path of program music to film music).
- 13/09: Gala concert and a symphony concert dedicated to legendary film music.
- The concerts on 14/09 will include music since 1894 until the present day.
Homage will be paid to the heroes of the First World War with a piece of music dedicated to them during each concert.
The concert locations lend themselves to the festival's magic: The Renier Museum is the Verviers Museum of Fine Arts and Ceramics, which is home to one of the richest ceramic collections in Belgium and a beautiful collection of canvases from the most fascinating of impressionists...
The Grand-Théâtre is one of the most rare Italian theatres in Belgium and is a Belgian national heritage site.
The CTLM (Wool and Fashion Tourist Centre) is dedicated to the collective memory of Verviers inhabitants.
The Hotel Verviers, a building of classical style, erected in the 18th century, boasts remarkable architecture and a strategic location. It is lavishly built in the former customs warehouse of the Verviers-west train station.
No concert is scheduled for the 12/09 because the concert on 13/09 will be repeated.
Prices range from €10 to €25 per person.
Bookings can be made at the Wool and Fashion Tourist Centre, rue de la Chapelle, 30, Verviers.
Find out about our other events commemorating
the First World War.
Tourist information on the town VERVIERS
- tel. : +32 (0) 474 37 63 92
- website : http://www.festival-lekeu.be
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.