Event : History
The Lion Mound Hamlet - 1815 Historical Re-enactments
Watch history brought back to life with historical re-enactment days! Every weekend this summer in Waterloo!
Re-enactment groups in costume will carry out demonstrations of troop movements and arms drills on the very field where the battle took place.
On the programme:
- Artillery demonstrations,
- Infantry demonstrations,
- Cavalry demonstrations.
After the demonstrations, the troops will be happy to answer any of your questions and share their passion for history in the exceptionally preserved surroundings of the Waterloo battlefield.
These enthusiasts know lots of anecdotes about the battlefield and the life of the troops.
Through their actions, they keep the collective memory alive and allow all ages to understand history in a concrete and lively way.
4 - 6 demonstrations from 20 to 25 minutes per day between 11am and 5pm behind the Visitor Centre.
- 13 July: Cavalry demonstrations by the 2nd Dragons regiment,
- 14 July: Infantry demonstrations by the 2nd Régiment de Chasseurs,
- 20 & 21 July: Artillery demonstrations by the 6th Artillery regiment,
- 27 & 28 July: Infantry demonstrations by the 2nd Régiment de Chasseurs,
- 3 & 4 August: Cavalry demonstrations by l'Etat Major Polonais,
- 10 & 11 August: Infantry demonstrations by the 8th Half-brigade line infantry,
- 17 & 18 August: Artillery demonstrations by the 6th Artillery regiment,
- 24 & 25 August: Infantry demonstrations by the 7th van Linie regiment,
- 31 August: Cavalry demonstrations by the 2nd Dragons regiment.
Tourist information on the town WATERLOO
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.