Carnival of Amay
Experience an intense folkloric Carnival thanks to the efforts of the dynamic inhabitants and organising committee. In Amay in 2014.
Saturday is dedicated to collecting wood for the bonfire. The following Friday the keys of the city are handed over for the official opening of the events.
Sunday afternoon over 1000 people take part in the large carnival parade, thanks to numerous local groups and music associations.
Monday and Mardi Gras (Shrove Tuesday) are reserved for balls and children's entertainment, not forgetting the traditional bartenders race through town.
The following Saturday, the "macrale" (witch) trial takes place on the site of the Roman Tower, followed by a remarkable fireworks display.
Schedule of this 38th edition:
- Saturday 02/02: meeting at the town gymnasium to collect wood for the bonfire.
- Friday 08/02: the keys of the city are handed over to the 2013 Carna'Ama President at the council administration buildings. Parade followed by a dinner at the town gymnasium.
- Sunday 10/02: large Carnival parade at 2pm (starts at the Delhaize supermarket on chaussée Roosevelt).
- Monday 11/02: children's costume ball at the town gymnasium.
- Mardi Gras (Shrove Tuesday): bartenders race.
- Friday 15/02: Parade of "Mitchi Pecket"
- Saturday 16/02: capture and arrest of the "macrale" (witch), bonfire and fireworks display at the Tour Romane.
Tourist information on the town AMAY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Formula 1 Belgium Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps
- International contemporary engraving biennale (and engraving festival)
- Aperitif/Concert at Stavelot Abbey
- André Grétry - The 200th Anniversary of the Death of the Liege Composer