Pumpkin Festival in Antoing
Promoting ancient varieties of fruit and vegetables! The biggest event of its kind in Wallonia, with 6000 visitors. In Antoing, 14 & 15/09/13.
11th annual pumpkin festival!
Discover a collection of almost 650 varieties of fruit and vegetables (gourd, pumpkin, calabash, luffa, red kuri squash, colocynth, etc) and try many dishes as well as beers, salted meats and pumpkin breads as you walk through the crops this weekend.
Take part in the harvesting and meet over 50 producers of ancient and forgotten vegetables, sculptors and artisans transforming the gourd family.
Several Belgian, Swiss and French gourd-lovers will be present. This festival is the most important of its kind in Wallonia (over 6000 visitors!).
What's in store:
- A rural event outdoors with a gourmet component (50 exhibitors offering food products)
- A musical component with many French and Belgian folk groups,
- And lots of entertainment and exhibitions dedicated to both regional gastronomy and environmental protection,
- This festival takes place during the third weekend of September every year!
That's why the Antoing municipality is known as the "Pumpkin Capital of Wallonia"!
The event will take place under a marquee. Ample parking. Children's entertainment. Folk concerts.
Admission: €3 (free for visitors who bring a mobile phone to recycle or who arrive by bicycle).
- tel. : +32 (0) 477 59 24 64
Tourist information on the town ANTOING
Visit our partners' webpages
- Tony Oursler Exhibition - Phantasmagoria
- Jean-François D'Or Exhibition. Moodboards
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Tree Dating: a tree-some love affair