Christmas Market in Braine-l'Alleud
Numerous activities, surprises and shows to entertain the children! In Braine-l'Alleud from 14 to 16/12!
Large marquee on the Grand-Place with Christmas concerts playing all weekend!Entry is free!
Only a stone's throw away from Brussels and even closer to Waterloo (let's not forget that Waterloo's famous Lion's Mound is actually situated in the municipality of Braine-l'Alleud), this charming little town has plenty to visit:
- the "Ferme de l'Ermite" chapel (a listed building since 1936, the chapel known as "du Vieux-Moutier" used to be linked to a religious community. It has been restored since then and is now a private property. A gothic style building on the outside, but with a new interior made up of private collections),
- Next to the chapel is a vestige of the old Hermit's farm, a dependancy of the Seven Fountaine priory. It has been changed over the years but still has a main building with a core dating back to the 18th century,
- the Hougoumont farm (1474) was a British outpost for the battle of Waterloo on 18 June 1815. It was restored in 1856 and is still today being restored. It still has vestiges from 1815 - 1860 saved from fires and destruction,
- the Saint-Etienne church, which is made up of a Gothic-style nave and a transept from the 16th century, a tower built in 1762, and a neo-gothic complex (1865-1888).
So why not take the opportunity to visit the region and make the most of the Christmas magic?
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 384 89 99
Tourist information on the town BRAINE-L'ALLEUD
Visit our partners' webpages
- Storytelling Walks, Signed Walks...for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
- The Tour & Taxis E-Experience
- The paleoLAB at the Museum of natural Sciences
- Family Day at BOZAR!
- Artists' Book Fair of Brussels - "Histoires de Livres" (The Story of Books)