Biennial Art Nouveau Exhibition: See & Tell Brussels
An original way to discover Brussels, capital of Europe and Art Nouveau. Over 4 weekends in October 2013!
On the one hand, by following tourist routes by coach, on foot or by bike, you can travel from quarter to quarter, exploring a city where the architectural aesthetic of the Art Nouveau period reigned supreme.
On the other hand, you can visit Art Nouveau interiors (villas, private houses, schools, shops, ...), which are opening especially for this event and are accessible with a pass.
This 7th Biennial Art Nouveau and Art Deco exhibition will put the work of Henry van de Velde centre-stage to celebrate the 150th anniversary of his birth.
Van de Velde was one of the pioneers of the Art Nouveau style and is considered one of the movement's major players.
An exciting programme of events
Programme available on the website of "Voir et Dire Bruxelles" (See and Tell Brussels) . Information and address: Voir et Dire Bruxelles, 2/4 Rue Royale - 1050 Bruxelles. Tel +32 (0)2 563 61 51.
In store this year:
- 5 & 6 October 2013 Schaerbeek, Woluwe and the squares,
- 12 & 13 October 2013 The Ixelles ponds,
- 19 & 20 October 2013 Central and west Brussels,
- 26 & 27 October 2013 Uccle, Forest, Saint-Gilles and the Avenue Louise.
Passport prices (supplements not included) :
- €20 per weekend,
- €55 for all 4 weekends.
- ARAU: Atelier de Recherche et d'Action Urbaines - tours of Brussels (BRUXELLES)
- Arkadia.be (BRUXELLES)
- Pro Velo Brussels - bike hire and guided bike tours (IXELLES)
- See and Tell in Brussels, guided city tours (BRUXELLES)
- The Chatterbus - guided tours and activities around Brussels by coach (WATERMAEL-BOITSFORT)