Rural Brussels is a festive civic action that emphasises sustainable development and positive economy. In Brussels in September 2014.
Spend a day in the countryside and enjoy the rural setting with farm animals, bar, bandstand, brass band, organic market, big picnic on over 2000m² of lawn, craft market, stands with information on sustainable development, play area, children's entertainment, etc.
But there's also tasty culinary specialities, farm smells, breathtaking exhibitions, a petting zoo and music.
Many surprises await you with, on top of all that, a tasting day of the most unusual dishes and local specialities.
- A hundred local producers,
- Classical concerts on the water, ancient carousel and bread workshop,
- Modern ball, gourmet feast and straw fight,
- Insect tastings, local brewers and souvenir photos,
- Face-painting and clowns for the children!
A whole host of activities for an extraordinary event!
A rural day with over 2000m² of lawn!
From 10am to 7pm, the Place des Palais will open its arms to share with you the Rural Brussels activities which are happening at the same times as Car Free Sunday in Brussels!
Families will be the guests of honour and comic exhibitions are scheduled for enthusiasts!
But what would Rural Brussels be without music?
Jazz, soul, mix, modern and traditional music will all feature during the day.
It's the perfect opportunity to enjoy a green capital!
(Video in French)
Visit our partners' webpages
- Jonas Mekas Exhibition: The Fluxus Wall
- Surreal Poetry Performances at the Magritte Museum
- The Color Run - The Happiest 5km on the Planet!
- The Tour & Taxis E-Experience
- Belgium 1914-1918 - Witnesses' route through the tourment