National ball and food
After spending the night on the dance floor, what's more Belgian than chips, mussels and a good beer? In Brussels, July 2014.
The idea of organising a street dance popped up in 2003 during the Royal Celebrations, on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of King Albert II's reign.
A special year!
2013 celebrated the 20th anniversary of King Albert II's reign and his abdication in favour of Philippe!
The festival was a success from the start, and since then a dance has been organised every summer on the evening prior to the National Day at the heart of the Marolles area (from 7.30pm to 1am).
The next morning, on the Jeu de Balles square in the Marolles, generous helpings of mussels with crispy chips will be served in a chilled atmosphere while the national ball orchestra plays.
Brusselians and tourists gather for a friendly meal!
Brussels Zwanze (typical Belgian humour) and great food galore!
Visit our partners' webpages
- Cristina Iglesias Exhibition at Brussels Fine Arts Museum
- Nautilus: Navigating Greece - Exhibition in Brussels
- Je n’ai rien à te dire sinon que je t’aime - Lovers' Correspondances
- The Brussels Design Market: The Design Market!
- Classic Racing Car Restoration Workshop