Queen Elisabeth of Belgium International Music Competition
The competition has a distinctively original touch to it. There is no verdict as such and the theme changes every year. In Brussels from 06/05 to 01/06/13!
The 2013 theme is the piano and every member of the jury vows not to discuss the competitor's performances with other members of the jury.
Marks are secret and the first prize is awarded, following consultation, on the basis of these marks.
Queen Elisabeth was an excellent violin player and decided to create a competition in 1937 to encourage young virtuosos.
Royal Conservatory of Brussels, Rue de la Régence 30, 1000 Brussels
Palace of Fine Arts, Rue Ravenstein 23, 1000 Brussels
The events take place 3 years out of 4.
Bookings: +32 (0)2 507 82 00
Fax info: + 32 (0)2 514 32 97
- tel. : +32 (0) 2 507 82 00
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Lion Mound Hamlet - 1815 Historical Reenactments
- Forests - Ink Paintings by Olivier Huysman, Woluwe-Saint-Pierre
- Surreal Poetry Performances at the Magritte Museum
- Exhibition - Museum to scale 1/7
- Jonas Mekas Exhibition: The Fluxus Wall