Solidanza: Supporting the International Day of Persons with Disabilities
5th edition of Solidanza, Handicap International's fundraising dance event. At the Bozar in Brussels in December 2013!
On the menu: rock, salsa, waltzes and more!
People of all ages, the able and the less able, professional dancers and amateurs, getting together and letting go on the dance floor. Welcome to Solidanza ! Every participant can enter dance challenges, get sponsored and raise money. You can also simply buy tickets to enjoy the festival!
What's more, the person who raises the most money will win a visit to Handicap International's projects in Cambodia!
- 1pm: Doors open
- Throughout the afternoon there will be Latino and Rock dance classes for beginners, wheelchair dancing and dance cafes,
- 5-6pm: Traditional Belgian "Micheustef" Folk ball
- 7:30pm- 7:45pm: The challenges, 1000 thank yous,
- 7:45-8:15pm: Latino wheelchair dance show,
- 8:15-9:30pm: Brussels brass band "Les Fanfoireux" in concert,
- 9:30-11pm Latino party
- 11pm-midnight: Belgian DJ BUSCEMI
- Midnight-1am: Latino party
- 1am: Doors close!
"Welcome to Life", an exhibit on the health of mothers and their children all over the world, illustrated by Layla Aerts, Bieke Depoorter and Katrijn Van Giel will be running throughtout the day (www.welcometolife.be).
Entrance to the festival costs 12€. It is free for children under 12years old, the festival's volunteers and the members of a Solidanza event.
Wiggle those hips for a good cause!
All information can be viewed on the website below.
Visit our partners' webpages
- Courbet: Realism from 'Living Art' to 'Free Art'
- Creative Workshop at the Museum of Cocoa and Chocolate
- Exhibition: Anne Frank, a History for Today
- Exhibition - Kandinsky and Russia
- The Tour & Taxis E-Experience