Open day at the Herlaimont slag heap!
Discover a vineyard at the heart of Wallonia growing on the schistose and stony ground of a former coal mine in Herlaimont, 22 & 23/06/13.
Other types of forest landscaping flourish on these grounds that were once considered barren, with a forest of beeches, oaks, pines, poplars and wild cherry trees growing with full strength as well as a grove where peach, pear, cherry and apple trees abound.
Wine production is inscribed in the region's traditions and dates back to the 16th century, when vineyards were grown in a place called "Le Vignois", in Trazegnies. Labels bear the name of "Château de Trazegnies" and reproduce the coat of arms of this illustrious family in order to remember local history.
Free entry and guided tours.
- fax : +32 (0) 71 45 10 46
Tourist information on the town CHAPELLE-LEZ-HERLAIMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Tree Dating: a tree-some love affair
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Living objects. Made for India - Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Tony Oursler Exhibition - Phantasmagoria