Wine festival on Herlaimont slag heap
Discover a one-hectare vineyard at the heart of Wallonia on the schistose, stony soil of a former colliery. In Herlaimont, the 14 & 15/09/13.
The weekends of 7, 8 14 and 15 September.
Trees are flourishing on this soil which was reportedly sterile: a real forest of beeches, oaks, pines, poplars and cherry trees are growing vigorously alongside an orchard abounding with peach trees, pear trees, cherry trees and apple trees.
Wine-making activities are part of this region's past: in the 16th century, there was a place called "Le Vignois" at Trazegnies where grape vines grew.
In memory of this local history, the wine produced is labelled "Château de Trazegnies" and features the illustrious family's crest.
Free entry and guided tours.
- fax : +32 (0) 71 45 10 46
Tourist information on the town CHAPELLE-LEZ-HERLAIMONT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Living objects. Made for India - Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Tony Oursler Exhibition - Phantasmagoria
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Jean-François D'Or Exhibition. Moodboards