Tradition and Folklore: Fête des Louches - The Louches Festival
Large historical festival evoking the old lords of Comines. It takes place in Comines-Warneton, from 12 to 13/10/13.
A large procession recalls the past of Comines France and Comines Belgium. Afterwards the famous "jet de louches" (throwing of ladles) from the town hall of Comines France.
Numerous animations will be organised all weekend long, such as the election of Lady Comines, the medieval market, the cycling race and a lantern parade for children.
On Saturday, a medieval market will be held in the municipal park from 2pm to 9pm.
Tourist information on the town COMINES-WARNETON
Visit our partners' webpages
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Alvar Aalto - Lightings: Lightings Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Tree Dating: a tree-some love affair
- Extravagant Traveller - Frédéric Platéus exhibition at MAC