Big Christmas Market in Eupen.
Christmas market of over 60 stalls on the Klötzerbahn. The upper streets of the city will be lit up by traditional decorations. In Eupen 14 to 16/12!
Numerous craftsmen and shopkeepers from Belgium, The Netherlands, Germany, Austria and France will be present.
Discover the capital of the German-speaking community of Belgium, only 15 kilometres from Aachen. It is one of the 9 German-speaking municipalities of Belgium, all of which are situated in Wallonia.
With an altitude varying from 250 - 350 metres, the town is built in two parts:
- The upper-town (Oberstadt), the more important, where all the principal monuments and commercial centres are,
- the lower-town (Unterstadt), on the banks of the Vesdre river.
Eupen is the headquarters of the German-speaking Community.
Take the time to visit:
- The Vesdre and Gileppe dams,
- the Saint-Nicholas church (Nikolauskirche),
- the historical centre of town,
- the Chocolate museum,
- the High Fens,
- the Nature centres of Botrange and Haus Ternell,
- and the Local History museum.
Every weekend until Christmas, the shops stay open Saturday and Sunday.
So why not make the most of the Christmas magic and visit the region?
Tourist information on the town EUPEN
Visit our partners' webpages
- André Grétry - The 200th Anniversary of the Death of the Liege Composer
- Aperitif/Concert at Stavelot Abbey
- International contemporary engraving biennale (and engraving festival)
- Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps