Procession & Military March of Saint-Roch
This traditional procession invades the streets and country lanes of this village in Hainault. In Ham-sur-Heure, on the first Sunday after 15 August.
The procession, made up of different marching societies, leaves from the castle at around noon and returns four hours later.
It takes the saint's relics and statue through the town during this march which is punctuated with different stops and a bivouac.
The following Sunday, Monday and Tuesday groups of marchers and drummers will wind their way through the village without rest.
Each day ends at around 9 pm with a torchlight procession from the castle to the Grand-Place where all the individual torches feed the great fire around which people can dance until 10pm.
This march has been proclaimed "masterpiece of oral and immaterial heritage of the French-speaking Community".
Tourist information on the town HAM-SUR-HEURE-NALINNES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Alvar Aalto - Lightings: Lightings Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Extravagant Traveller - Frédéric Platéus exhibition at MAC