Winter Pleasures: Huy's Ice-Skating rink and Christmas village
Discover the sparkling decorations, the monumental Christmas tree, the 600 m² ice skating rink, the village of traditional chalets and Santa's grotto in Huy December 2013.
Situated on the river Meuse where it meets the river Hoyoux, the town of Huy is situated half-way between the cities of Namur and Liege. Huy's history's goes back thousands of years and it has a great reputation based first on its craftsmanship, and then on its industrial and commercial know-how. The city is also one of Belgium's oldest as it's origin (although unconfirmed) is attributed to the Romans. Certain sources say that the Roman Emperor Antonius Pius arrived in Huy in 102AD (148AD according to other sources) and, seduced by its charm, decided to build a castle on the cliff that dominated the town.
Seize the opportunity to visit the 4 wonders of Huy:
- Li Bassinia - an ancient fountain, in the middle of the Grand Place (main square) that dates back to the 15th century,
- Li Tchestia - the prince-bishops' fortress,
- Li Rondia - the, recently restored, 9m-diameter rose window of the 11th century Notre-Dame collegiate church,
- Li Pontia - The old bridge over the river Meuse, destroyed by war, which is today replaced by the Baudouin bridge.
Why not make the most of the magic of the Christmas period to visit the region?
- tel. : +32 (0) 85 23 65 85
- tel. : +32 (0) 85 21 78 21
- website : http://www.pays-de-huy.be
Tourist information on the town HUY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Formula 1 Belgium Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps
- International contemporary engraving biennale (and engraving festival)
- Aperitif/Concert at Stavelot Abbey
- André Grétry - The 200th Anniversary of the Death of the Liege Composer