Folklore And Tradition : Festivities And Folkloric Traditions
107th Cavalcade and Giants Procession
An incredibly popular folkloric event in Wallonia!
A new giant has been added to the parade after the 100th cavalcade: "Dominicienne" will join Dominique, Dominica and Dominicus.
- Soumonces of the Gilles and costume parades in the streets of Jemappes. A night parade with torches starting from the "Phare", until the Grand' Place, followed by a rondeau with all the fraternities and a fireworks display on the Grand 'Place.
- Rondeau of the fraternities of Gilles on the Grand 'Place, with authorities present. Then great carnaval parade from the Roi Albert square and final Parade of floats, horses from the "Levant de Cuesmes" stables.
Tourist information on the town MONS
Visit our partners' webpages
- Tree Dating: a tree-some love affair
- Tony Oursler Exhibition - Phantasmagoria
- Living objects. Made for India - Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
We are not responsible for any changes in dates and/or programmes. Please contact the organiser prior to departure.