Carnival - Folklore and Traditions in La Roche-en-Ardenne
In the last 30 years, La Roche-en-Ardenne has become one of the highlights of carnival in Wallonia. In La Roche-en-Ardennes in February 2014!
The spirit of this carnival is to show there there are more important things than profit and competition and that there are alternatives to worries and troubles and the struggle for existence.
Come and share in this spirit and all the carnival activities that come with it!
On the schedule this year:
- 22/02: The big bonfire. It will take place at Perovette and the lighting is scheduled for 7:30pm,
- 16/02: The famous pork dinner starts at 7:30pm in the Roche-en-Ardenne Castle's courtyard,
- 06/03: The children's ball, under a marquee,
- 08/03: Costumed Carnival ball from 9:30pm, with music from LA BANDE A LOLO
- 09/03: From midday, the streets will be buzzing in anticipation of the coronation of the 2013 Carnival Prince, followed by the traditional speech on the steps of the town hall. All this will take place to the rhythm of the CHOFFLEUX D'BUSES
- 09/03: From 9pm, traditional Saturday ball with music from LA BANDE A LOLO,
- 10/03: From 10am the streets will come alive. The moment draws near for the carnival groups and their floats. The big international parade starts at 2pm. At around 4:30pm, the traditional final rondeau with the different brass bands, bandas, guggenmusik, etc.
- 11/03: At 7:30, dinner under a marquee to end festivities. Booking necessary.
Bookings should be made no later than Wednesday the 06 March 2013 at the Syndicat d'Initiative of La Roche (tel: 084/36 77 36). As it is the 40th anniversary, the Carnival committee is delighted to offer free entry to all it's balls to all those dressed in costume. For those who aren't dressed up, entry is €6.
Tourist information on the town LA ROCHE-EN-ARDENNE