Historical festivities of the banquet
Nearly one thousand people in sixteenth century costumes will settle in Lessines: jugglers, musicians, wandering actors, troubadours, soldiers, craftsmen On 1 and 02/09/12
This commemoration has been called "Festin" since the second half of the 19th century, but dates back to 1591 when it was called "Jour de l'Assaut".
The Festin commemorates the liberation of the town by Captain Sébastien Tramasure and his town militia in 1578. It is also a wonderful opportunity to travel back in time and experience two days in the sixteenth century.
In the historical centre you can immerse yourself in the cultural life and atmosphere of the popular markets of the Renaissance and the Franche Foire, (Free Fair). With artists, arts and crafts, and artisans.
Saturday and Sunday: Free Fair, gathering artists and artisans in ancient costumes. Saturday evening : show-walk around the church Saint-Pierre and the Hospital Notre-Dame à la Rose. Sunday : high mass, the procession sets off from the porte d'Ogy at 3 pm. The Renaissance Ballet will take place in front of the hospital after the procession.
- tel. : +32 (0) 68 33 24 03
Tourist information on the town LESSINES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Alvar Aalto - Lightings: Lightings Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Extravagant Traveller - Frédéric Platéus exhibition at MAC
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!