"Django" Festival in Liberchies
Discover the native village of Django Reinhardt, which will celebrate the memory of this mythical jazz artist. In Liberchies 04/ and 05/05/13.
Come and join no less than 10 bands in celebrating the 60th anniversary of his death as it should be celebrated.
A genuine gipsy musician, Reinhardt is the perfect example of the interesting music that comes from blending tradition and new rhythms.
He did, indeed, create an entirely new gipsy sound by fusing traditional American jazz without disowning his roots.
This festival is a tribute to the artist and man that he was, which also inspired Belgian musicians to create the Djangofollies.
On the agenda for the 2013 edition:
- 3:30pm - Swingology,
- 6:30pm - the Thomas Baggerman Trio,
- 8pm - C. Astolfi et le trio à 3 temps,
- 10pm - Les Doigts de l'Homme,
- 2:30pm - Ixhor plays Disney,
- 4pm - Sweet Sixteen Strings,
- 5:30pm - Les violons de Bruxelles,
- 7pm - Le Trio BBQ
- 9pm - Romane Family.
Djangoff 2013 will also be offering a string of activities throughout the two days: street performances, exhibits, face painting and a lot more.
Need more details? Take a look at the programme below!
Tourist information on the town PONT-A-CELLES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Flower Carpet
- Expo Renaissance 2.0 - Journey to the Origins of the Web
- Chamber Music Concerts at the Seneffe Castle Organgerie
- Ehibition - From the Nile to Alexandria: A History of Water
- Dour Music Festival