Apple Day in the Pays de Geminiacum
Spend a day exciting your taste buds: the apple in all shapes and sizes awaits you in Liberchies this 06/10/13.
In the heart of the village of Liberchies, the Espace d'acceuil du Pays de Geminiacum will be your starting point for this day of discovery dedicated to the most delicious of fruits!
The schedule is full of experiences, discoveries, creativity and raising awareness of nature! From 12 noon to 7pm, you can purchase food and drink and enjoy the wide range of regional products on offer.
For this 5th edition:
- Sale of apples et derivatives of pumpkins, squashes and colocynths
- honey-based products and "Mayan communes" exhibition
- poney rides
- awareness stand and entertainment by the ICDI
- presentation by GAC (groupe d'achat commun) and the "Food and our Gallo-Roman ancestors" exhibition
- promotion and sale of great recipe collections, pumpkin soup, "Fruits and vegetables" promotion and entertainment, old wooden games...etc!
12 noon - 2pm: apple pressing. bottling and collection of juice until 7pm. €1/litre (+ €0.50/bottle).
1pm - 2:30: Inter-generational cooking workshop. Transform the apple into delicious treats for children aged 5 to 13 years old! Information and booking: 071/374 937.
"3 friends" show (young audience) on the square under a marquee at 2pm, 3pm and 4pm.
Adults €5 and children €3.
Shadow puppets show for children aged 3 and over. Booking required by calling 071/840 567 or emailing email@example.com
2pm: Health walk to the Castellum orchard starting at the square.
2:30pm and 4:30pm: Health bike ride to the Castellum orchard and continuing on to the Etang des fouilles. Starts at the square - 071/849 300.
2:30pm - 3:30pm: Wild edible plants workshop. Booking requested (maximum 8 people) by calling 0473 32 38 60.
4pm: Family cooking workshop: advice, tricks and original recipes!
4pm-5:30pm: Nest box making workshop for children.
Bite into the forbidden fruit!
Tourist information on the town PONT-A-CELLES
Visit our partners' webpages
- Alvar Aalto - Lightings: Lightings Exhibition at Grand Hornu Images
- Materi'oh! - An exhibition for children aged 6 to 12!
- Extravagant Traveller - Frédéric Platéus exhibition at MAC
- Flower Carpet in the Seneffe Castle Estate
- Old Bill Exhibition - Interpretation Centre Plugstreet 14-18 Experience