Les Épicuriales, the Largest Open-Air Restaurant
Around twenty celebrated restaurants and caterers will be serving great gastronomic dishes. In Liège from 24 to 28 May 2012
A 9th edition during which visitors will take a gourmet stroll to discover the specialities of French cuisine, Liége regional produce and other more exotic cuisines with flavours from Italy, Spain, Savoy, Brazil, Japan, Russia and the Orient!
There will be a choice of refined cheeses and iced desserts, all of which accompanied by some special beers and champagnes carefully selected by the chefs.
In each tent, visitors will find a taster of the cuisine and atmosphere of the participating restaurants that the will then be able to visit themselves.
This year, 2 new "gastronomic" inventions will be presented to visitors:
New in 2013:
- Quality music adapted to the gourmet character of the tastings is planned throughout the tents to accompany your meals!
- each tent will be equipped with special access for persons with reduced mobility!
- 2 guests of honour instead of one! Jean-Michel Bouvier and Raphaël François, two foreign Michelin-starred chefs who will not leave you indifferent!
The way the Epicuriales work is also original and fun...and entry is free!
Inside the Epicuriales everything is paid for with 'épis', the currency minted for the occasion. Each 'épis' costs €2 and price ranges have been calculated to make sure prices stay reasonable.
It allows visitors to try several dishes. You'll find several tents placed facing each other to give the venue the atmosphere of a welcoming village.
The Epicuriales are also
- Cooking workshops run by famous chefs... Participants will witness the preparation of the recipe and will then taste it accompanied by a chosen glass of wine.
- a Marché des Saveurs (flavours market) at the entrance to the event where visitors can purchase quality products and take home gourmet memories from the Epicuriales.
This new edition will not fail to disappoint and is only missing one things, you!
The perfect place to have lunch and/or dinner in the heart of Liège!
- tel. : +32 (0) 4 221 92 21
- website : http://www.epicuriales.be
Tourist information on the town LIEGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- International contemporary engraving biennale (and engraving festival)
- Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps
- Aperitif/Concert at Stavelot Abbey
- André Grétry - The 200th Anniversary of the Death of the Liege Composer