Fête de la route du fromage - Cheese Route Festival
Discover a gourmet and musical route honouring the richness of the regional produce and local agriculture. In Maffe on 15/09/13.
14th Edition of the festival.
Conviviality, encounters, quality, gourmet discoveries and rural values are the buzz words for this festival. It is one of the region's unmissable dates! Producers and artisan creators will be exhibiting from 10am to 6pm and will offer:
- Sales and tasting sessions,
- Musical entertainment & shows,
- Visits to cheese shops, etc
- it goes without saying that all this is served on a platter... a cheese platter!
The market (selling cheeses and other foods) lets people taste the various products and meet the producers.
There are 2 sites:
- The 'La Fermière de Méan' and 'Ferme Lizin' cheese shops, potato producers,
- The 'Fromagerie du Gros-Chêne' cheese shop
Like every year, some streets will be closed to traffic so that pedestrians, cyclists, horse carts and tractors converted into shuttles can pass through.
Organised by the Maffe Fête Commission and the Gros-Chêne and La Fermière de Mean cheese shops, in partnership with the Condroz-Famenne Tourist Office, the GAL Saveurs et Patrimoine en Vrai Condroz, as well as the municipality of Havelange.
Financial support from the European Union and the Walloon region.
Last but not least...
- Bars selling regional beers,
- Numerous entertainment for children: vegetable scultures, face painting, a bouncy castle, wooden games, a miniature farm,…
- and music and shows all day long - Concerts: Belgo-latino funk band "Chouval Brasse", ethno-folk group "Les Caricoles", feminine vocal and burlesque duo "Les Superluettes", the "Jazz Spirine" brass band,…
and street shows: the Patatrapestak troupe (stilt walkers, balloon sculptors,…), and the Chapeliers Musettes (papaer hat makers).
Come and celebrate the Route du Fromage in Maffe and at the Gros-Chêne! They will show off all their best features!
Tourist information on the town HAVELANGE
Visit our partners' webpages
- "Red Deer Rut" Weekend in Han-sur-Lesse
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- International "Jeu de Rôles" (Role-Play) Festival in Dinant & Haute-Meuse!
- The Summer Twilight Tours