Saint-Martin Bonfires in Malmedy
Traditionally, three districts compete to have the biggest bonfires the eve of the Saint-Martin festivities. In Malmedy every year, on 10 November!
On the evening of the 10 November, the eve of Saint-Martin's Day, the villages and neighbourhoods of the municipality of Malmedy organise bonfires in honour of the much-loved saint. The bonfires are built by groups of volunteers.
Before the festivities, the different neighbourhood's committees build up their bonfires, on top of which sits an effigy, almost 10 metres up.
From 6pm, enjoy folk music and torch-lit processions to the 3 bonfires.
- tel. : +32 (0) 80 79 96 35
- website : http://www.malmedy.be/fr/Tourisme/tourisme.html
Tourist information on the town MALMEDY
Visit our partners' webpages
- Tierra Argentina Exhibition in Malmedy - Photographs by Camila Guns
- India Water - Art walk in the city of Liège
- Christmas all over the world at the Modave Castle
- A Walloon Christmas in a Museum!
- "Une vie de chapeaux" - A hat's life. A hat for each head? - Exhibition