Combat de l'Échasse d'Or - Fight for the Golden Stilt
The fight for the golden stilt is the main traditional event of the year for all stilt walker. A moment of pure tradition in Namur, 15/09/13.
It's organised on the 3rd Sunday in September, usually as part of the Walloon festivals.
For each fight, the contestants stand in line. At the sound of the drums, the two groups move forward to the place of combat. The aim is to make their opponent fall suing their elbows or stilts.
Today, young people from Namur still continue this popular game with spectacular and lively fights which bring the history and traditions of the city of Namur to life once more.
- tel. : +32 (0) 81 73 92 98
- fax : +32 (0) 81 46 18 03
- tel. : +32 (0) 81 46 16 52
- email : email@example.com
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- The Summer Twilight Tours
- "Red Deer Rut" Weekend in Han-sur-Lesse
- International "Jeu de Rôles" (Role-Play) Festival in Dinant & Haute-Meuse!
- Special Father Christmas Train between Mariembourg and Treignes