Folknam: Namur Day of Traditions and Folklore
Discover the richness and diversity of a traditional folkloric heritage that's full of colour. In Namur the 19th and 20th April 2013!
For the occasion, a superb traditional folkloric parade, made up of all the town's groups and carnival societies accompanied by prestigious guests, takes over the streets of Namur.
- Traditional folk music and folk dancing,
- a medieval combat on place d'Armes,
- artisan market and gastronomic brotherhoods,
- Commandery of the Coteaux de Meuse (Wépion),
- the Brotherhood of Pèket d'Namur and its snails (Namur),
- the Brotherhood of the Cavalier of the Tart and the Pompe (Belgrade)
- and the Brotherhood of the Soçons de Try des Gotes (Emines).
10am: market with regional specialities and stands run by the gastronomic brotherhoods.
10:30am - 4:15pm: folkloric entertainment on the place d'Armes.
3pm: large historical parade.
4:15pm - 4:30pm: final rondeau on the place d'Armes.
- tel. : +32 (0) 81 44 18 25
- fax : +32 (0) 81 73 56 08
Tourist information on the town NAMUR
Visit our partners' webpages
- International "Jeu de Rôles" (Role-Play) Festival in Dinant & Haute-Meuse!
- Christmas Market at the Saint-Gérard de Brogne Abbey
- The Summer Twilight Tours
- "Red Deer Rut" Weekend in Han-sur-Lesse
- Special Father Christmas Train between Mariembourg and Treignes