Christmas Wonders for the Magical price of €5
The abbey will be beautifully illuminated. The Christmas lights and activities will enchant you! In Stavelot from 01/12 to 06/01/13.
The museum shops and cafés are the perfect places for families to have a warming glass of mulled wine or hot chocolate and to find those original and unique Christmas presents to put under the tree.
You will be greeted by a warm and festive atmosphere at the Christmas market and flea market organised in the abbey's basements and under the avenue Ferdinand Nicolay esplanade.
The twin events of Christmas market and flea market offer you multiple tasting opportunities and gift ideas:
On the one side, you might find elegant and sometimes unusual antiques...and on the other side, you will find artisan creations to decorate your tree and gifts to but underneath it.
Sunday 09/12, festivities at the abbey will be themed around the magic of Christmas and chocolate!
On the schedule:
- 2pm: Pierre Marcolini, Master-chocolatier from Brussels, will host a conference entitled Chocolate of the future,
- 4pm-4:30pm: Results of the Chocolate of the future competition,
- 4:30pm-6:30pm : chocolate tastings with Pierre Marcolini, Jean-Philippe Darcis, Christophe Saive and Ethiquable,
- visits of the "Chocol@ts" exhibition!
Discover the exhibition: Chocol@ts !
It is worth noting that this will be the 16th edition of the Christmas flea market and on Thursday 27/12, there will be a torch-lit chocolate walk "Une faim de Loup" (Hungry like a Wolf).
- tel. : +32 (0) 80 88 08 78
- website : http://www.abbayedestavelot.be
Tourist information on the town STAVELOT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Exhibition: Henri Cartier-Bresson - The Europeans
- André Grétry - The 200th Anniversary of the Death of the Liege Composer
- Aperitif/Concert at Stavelot Abbey
- Italian Days!
- Formula 1 Belgium Grand Prix at Spa Francorchamps