Forest Days 2013 - Belgian logging championships
Unusual logging competition with lots of activities: conferences, competitions, etc. In Stavelot, 14 & 15/09/13.
A trade fair linked to wood and renewable energy takes place on odd years.
The championship takes place over 2 days: Saturday is reserved for the qualifying rounds. The final takes place on Sunday. Among the most spectacular challenges there are:
- Wood-cutting with a hand saw,
- Logging in the forest,
- Coppicing iron,
- Chainsaw balancing
- Chainsaw sculpting competition! (Sunday 5pm).
Many attractive activities will be offered, for example a pollarding demonstration!
New for 2013: All the activities will take place within the abbey... Make the most of this by discovering the three museums!
Malmedy's Forest Days take place over the third weekend in September every year.
Tourist information on the town STAVELOT
Visit our partners' webpages
- Exhibition - L'art et la Lumière - Lighting by Olivier Kruft in Malmedy
- Christmas all over the world at the Modave Castle
- A Walloon Christmas in a Museum!
- Tierra Argentina Exhibition in Malmedy - Photographs by Camila Guns
- "Une vie de chapeaux" - A hat's life. A hat for each head? - Exhibition